If you are looking to adopt or consider try the best pet rescue for you. I am not affiliate marketing I just know www.petfinder.com is reliable. It’s worth a shot to see all the pups and kits nearby. Consider fostering!
Top 10 Reasons; never adopt!
Reasons NOT to adopt a shelter pet for animal rescue week.
- They start by making you come home regularly to let them “potty.” Who wants to be responsible?
- You legit have to pet them, or they sigh at you because they love you so much and you’re their world
- Sometimes they’ll do things like throwing a toy at your cellphone just to get noticed.
- THEY MAKE YOU EXERCISE. You genuinely feel like a POS if you don’t take your pet out multiple times a day to smell the grass and other animals’ butts.
- After all that, they make you liable. You can’t live on the edge when you have children.
- First, they want the end of your bed, and by the time they’ve gotten what they want, they already have started to take up the whole bed
- When you read the news and your blood pressure starts rising, and fear takes over, you want to play fetch. Right there. Right then.
- You have to say goodbye at some point, and it’s a hard pill to swallow, but the lessons learned are beyond necessary they’re fundamental values.
- They make you freak out, thinking they ate something off your floor.
- They put up with you. Even when you can’t face yourself anymore. They keep you on a good track. They can replace bad habits. Resilient. They know it, they “apologize” when you get mad and it’s not even at them. Did I mention they never love you less? They fully dedicate their lives to you. Clingy.
Animals have personalities. Some don’t believe this, but they do. Cats and dogs are constantly speaking to you. For mental health awareness and pet adoption and rescue month, let’s talk about all the rescue dogs who’ve saved my life. Those dogs and cats I’ve rehomed to better homes or fostered or taken on cause someone couldn’t have been the spark in my life, and they give me a purpose. Protect them and help them as they have me. Cause in your darkest hour, you will find yourself alone, lifehack: you’re never lonely when you have a dog.
Come on, and I don’t just like dogs cause they’re cute. I need a dog because they’re your partners.
Did I mention they fall asleep on you sometimes and then you can’t get up and you have to calm down, cuddle, and go back to bed.
Picture proof that rescue dogs are awful! Just the worst.
The “attention seeker”
Besides forcing your bad habits into good ones and testing / teaching your core values, many dogs and cats are euthanized every day. Idiots.
They are however much work you invest in them. Some dogs are very personable, and others (pitty) are big giant babies. They’re unique. Mutts are the best.
Every day this month, I will post a story about a dog I’ve fostered or an animal-related / veterinary-related blog. Shoot me a pic of your furball!
No time like the present to save a pet.
This blog is a satire- yes, yes, you should always adopt, and yes, you need an animal.
Not sure if a pet is suitable for you? Ask your closest friends and family. If they say you should get a dog, you’re likely annoying them with your loneliness.
Lastly, you are to continue to adopt even when your best friend has passed because a dog’s love teaches you unconditional love and forgiveness; that is what you do. You commit to loving something for 10-14 years. It’s not so bad.