The question asked was, “What are some sad realities of life?” On my quora partnership profile.
Le Poo Facts Of Life
- In 1986, a volcanic lake in Cameroon, Africa, burped a C02 gas cloud that killed 1,746 people in minutes.
- Prosopagnosia, also known as face blindness, means you cannot recognize people’s faces. It often affects people from birth and is usually a problem a person has for most or all of their life.
- Hinterkaifeck was a small German farm north of Munich. One night in 1922, all six inhabitants of the farm were murdered with a hatchet. The crime was never solved, and people believed the farm was haunted.
- Wal-Mart averages a profit of $1.8 million every hour.
- Expectant fathers can sometimes experience a sympathetic pregnancy with symptoms like backache, weight gain, strange food cravings, and nausea. This has also been found to happen in some species of monkeys.
- There are more than 2,000,000 millionaires in the United States.
- 20% of small businesses fail in their first year, 30% of small businesses fail in their second year, and 50% of small businesses fail after five years in business. Finally, 70% of small business owners fail in their 10th year in business.
- In America, you will see an average of 5,000 advertisements a day. The number one reason why businesses fail is there is no market need.
- There is a connective tissue disease that turns your muscles into bones. There is a form of HPV that causes the body to morph into a tree trunk like texture.
- On deadly weapons: When someone has a gun in their home, it is 22 times more likely that the weapon to be used in a suicide or accidental shooting, rather than defense from invaders.
- On lonely: Research from the Netherlands shows that people who are addicted to shopping are in a “loop of loneliness.” They shop because they’re trying to fill a void of loneliness, but the shopping only causes them to feel more lonely.
- Animal welfare: In the United States, there are so many homeless dogs and cats that cannot find homes that 2.7 million of them are euthanized every year to make space in animal shelters. While it’s impossible to know the exact number, there is an estimated 70 million stray cats in the US alone. Additionally, 2021 alone has proven the real hate humans hold while there are many many many rescues currently trying to save stray frozen to death or near frozen to death dogs on the highways and back roads in southern states or bad areas. Texas is now having an uproar of homeless emaciated puppy mill loose dogs.
- Dolphins can kill themselves by simply drowning themselves. The famous tv star dolphin Flipper killed himself in front of his handler. Reports say the flipper was too depressed.
- Free Willy might not be worth watching if you knew that killer whales whose fin fold are mentally distressed whales.
- If you don’t marry your best friend, it won’t work. The love “chemical” is oxytocin: Oxytocin is a hormone that acts as a neurotransmitter. It plays a vital role in reproduction. In females, the hormone triggers labor and the release of breastmilk. Oxytocin will die down if you are just in lust. Eventually, when the honeymoon phase is over, if you don’t both work together to be in love, then it’s not likely to work. Simple things like smiling, cuddling, and deep hugs release oxytocin and build human trust bonds- necessary for child-raising.
- If you are on a hilly road and know that you might get butterflies, you most likely won’t get them anymore.
- In America, people choose their family over others for nearly everything. Studies show it’s because they expect something in return. Not because they feel their family is the right person for whatever said the situation
- In June, a 20-year-old boy thought he was 750,000 dollars in debt on the app Robinhood. He took his own life, thinking he could never live with that kind of debt. (Robinhood currently being sued)
- Half price books throw out their books. If they donate, it’s not much, and it’s an excellent place to dumpster dive.